Get Started Managing Your Employment Data
Do I Need to Access The Work Number?
The Work Number database helps verifiers instantly and securely access your employer-provided data. The best part is you usually don’t have to do a thing.
If you’re buying a home, applying for a government benefit, financing a vehicle, or participating in a similar transaction that requires your employment data, you typically don’t need to take any further steps. The Work Number database offers credentialed verifiers secure, 24/7 access to your data automatically.
If you’d like to see your information and who has accessed it, you can get started by following the steps below. If a company is requesting documentation confirming your employment or income information, you can direct that verifier to theworknumber.com.
Follow these simple steps to instantly access your information, also known as your Employment Data Report, in The Work Number database or to request a salary key.
- If you’re a first-time user, select "click here" to register.
- If you’re a registered user, enter your employer-provided user ID or user ID you created and password.
- If you do not know your user ID or password, please contact your HR department or call 1-800-996-7566 for additional assistance.
- Validate your identity by providing a phone number or email to receive a one-time passcode.
- Passcodes are sent in real time, so please enter it immediately into the application without exiting the login session or closing the browser.
Create Your ID and Password
- Once logged in, you will be required to create a personalized user ID and password.
- Stringent security standards and controls are in place by law to help protect your data, so please remember your personal user ID and password. They will be used for future logins.
*The Work Number database is governed by The Fair Credit Reporting Act. This means that many controls are in place to help protect your data.
You have a number of data management options available to help manage your personal information in The Work Number database.
View Your Employment Data Report
An Employment Data Report (EDR) provides transparency regarding your information in The Work Number database. You can request and review the information we have in your file and see those who have obtained your information.
Dispute Your Employment Data
If you’re concerned that the information in your EDR may be inaccurate or incomplete, you can dispute your information under provisions of the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).
Freeze Your Employment Data
An employment data freeze is one step you can take to help prevent access to your employment data. You can request a data freeze of your information in The Work Number database at any time.